The tuition covers all costs for the course.
The course is given four times a year and each session runs 10 consecutive weeks, eight classroom hours per week for a total of 80 classroom hours of instruction. This will include lecture material as well as clinical hands-on training.
The classes are taught on Saturdays or Mondays, depending on the semester you choose, so you may continue your full-time job while you train for your new career in dental assisting.
In addition, there are approximately 60 hours of home study plus a voluntary 10 - 15 hours of practical on-the-job training for a total of approximately 155 course work hours.
We also offer you opportunities to observe and work with real dentists in actual practicing offices during the course if you choose. Our students, who make the effort to master the skills and study hard to gain the knowledge, have had no problem obtaining positions in the dental profession as dental assistants.
The tuition fee includes all of the following:
- Textbook: "Modern Dental Assisting”, Torres & Ehrlich, 9th Edition (Bird)
- Illustrated Syllabus: "Concepts in Dental Assisting", Richard Erickson, DDS, 3rd, Edition (DCI Publishing)
- All training and teaching aids, materials and dental supplies used in the clinical training
- Use of all equipment, instrumentation and specialized dental and laboratory materials
- Job referral and placement assistance in addition to job interview training
- A Certificate in Dental Assisting & Dental Assistant pin will be awarded to all students who have attained a 70% or above grade average & make a 70% or above on all portions of the final exam
- X-ray training which complies with all state regulations in dental radiology
- Real clinical experience through our unique hands-on training program.
- You will be trained in all phases of general dentistry as well as specialties.
- All training is done by dental professionals in a practicing dental office, not a classroom.